There are things your insurance agent won’t tell you when you come looking for a car insurance. The point is not that they don’t care about your finances but it’s the sale of the insurance they’re after. Nothing personal; it’s all business.
You can make sure though that you can still get inexpensive car insurance when you know what to do and what to look for. Car insurances aren’t always as expensive as you think they are. And you might even be wondering why it’s still expensive even if your car isn’t worth much. Well, that and many other things will be explained as you go on in this article.
First of all, whenever you apply for car insurance you need to be able to play your cards right. So how do you do just that? Well, it all starts with knowing what you’re in for.
– Car Insurance quotes are different from state to state – Every state in the US has their own minimum insurance quote for every car owner and driver. This minimum quote is not often dictated by law as a matter of fact, your state is only concerned about whether you have insurance or not. They don’t really bother knowing how much your car insurance is worth. So if you cannot afford the minimum car insurance you can still look for something lower by reviewing different quotes. You can conveniently do this online or together with the insurance company you are affiliated with.
– Annual update of your car insurance quote – every year your insurance company gives special discounts to clients who have a good driving history for the whole year. However, they forget about these things and you need to remind them about it.
– Deductibles can be raised – The great thing about insurances is that they are very flexible, which means you have the option of raising your deductibles. You can do this by not including your teenage kid in your policy. Or if you have no teenage kids you can drop the collision coverage and maybe even refuse to pay what you don’t need. Another effective way of completely getting an inexpensive car insurance is to have your wife be the owner of the policy.
– Safety and Security is always your best bet – Companies are concerned about the security of your car and they usually put a high price to the ones with more risk. Having your own alarm system and being in a low crime rate neighborhood puts you in a position where you can lower your car insurance cost. Another way is through completing a special rider’s class in order to prove to your insurance company that you are not a high risk in driving.
– Know your car’s real worth – Don’t immediately go into believing that everything within the policy you’re applying for is everything you need. You might be talked into believing that your car’s real worth has nothing to do with your insurance policy; it actually does. Cars have values and diminished value; you can either claim for it in your insurance policy or directly make it as a deductible even before you get your insurance.